The thesis can be downloaded in pdf format here: Hardware Genetic Programming.
- An Investigation into the use of Genetic Programming for Intelligent Network Service Creation MSc Dissertation, Bournemouth University, 1988. Zipped postscript (2.7 MiB)
- Genetic Programming for Service Creation in Intelligent Networks. EuroGP’2000. Postscript version and some powerpoint slides and the abstract to the paper.
- Genetic Programming for Service Creation. Proceedings of the ICIN conference in Bordeaux in Jan 2000.
- Implementing Genetic Programming in Hardware Using Handel-C. A paper given at the Celoxica workshop, 2001, in Stratford, UK. This describes a hardware implementation of GP using Handel-C language. Here are the slides for that presentation in zipped Microsoft Powerpoint format.
- Building a Taxonomy of Genetic Programming Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2001). There are various files for this: Main body in Microsoft word format (63 KiB), Result graphs in zipped Microsoft word format (156 KiB), Concluding remarks in Microsoft word format (20 KiB), Taxonomy picture and title in Microsoft Powerpoint format (51 KiB) and the paper from the proceedings in PDF (50 KiB)
- A Hardware Implementation of a Genetic Programming System Using FPGAs and Handel-C. Journal of Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines, Volume 2, number 4. Zipped Postscipt and PDF (327 KiB)
- A Pipelined Hardware Implementation of Genetic Programming using FPGAs and Handel-C. EuroGP’2002, Kinsale, Ireland. Zipped Postscript.(101 KiB)
- Analysis of the behaviour of a hardware implementation of GP using FPGAs and Handel-C. CS Report number 357, University of Essex. Zipped postscript (52 KiB), PDF (141 KiB)
- Crossover Operators for a Hardware Implementation of GP using FPGAs and Handel-C. GECCO’2002. Postscript
- Analysis of Random Number Generators for a hardware implementation of GP using FPGAs and Handel-C CS report number 358, University of Essex. Zipped postscript (54 KiB) and PDF (170 KiB)
- An Analysis of Random Number Generators for a hardware implementation of GP using FPGAs and Handel-C GECCO’2002. Postscript
- Genetic Programming in Hardware. My PhD thesis is available here as a as a PDF file
Code for the MSc project
The code for my MSc project can be downloaded from here. (23 KiB) as a gzipped tar file. Extract the files using tar. This code was designed for use on a Linux machine. The project is based on the excellent Genetic Programming Kernel by Thomas Weinbrenner.
Code for the PhD work.
This code is an implementation of a GP system written in Handel-C. It can also be compiled using gcc for use on a PC. It implements several problems. The GP kernel uses a linear program representation and uses a new form of program length limiting that avoids bloat. (Coming soon!)